Thursday, October 22, 2015

Leaves are Falling...It's OCTOBER!

Girls!  So much has been happening, we are so busy and I am having a hard time carving out pockets of time to sit and write about our days. So let's play a game of catch-up:

1. Cecilia is walking!!  I was beginning to think it would never happen, but then on October 15th she stood up on my pink yoga mat that was spread out on the floor and started to wobble her way from end to end. It was so exciting!  And now, just a week later, she is sure-footed and practically running around the house. I'm going to miss the monkey-crawl, but it's awesome to see her move so confidently around the house.


2. Grace started Daisy's (Girl Scouts) and got her first patch yesterday on the trip to the fire station!  The girls learned all about what to do if you are in a fire and what to do if you ever catch fire. Stop, drop and roll!  So far, Daisy's has been a big hit, and this Saturday Papa Dave is coming down to go to the Fall Daisy Party with Grace. They are going to have s'mores, go on a scavenger hunt and jump in leaves!  Grace is stoked.

3. Grace went on her first public school field trip on Tuesday to Bandy's Pumpkin Patch and Herrin Park. I was worried about how she would do on the bus (she sat next to the window!) and if she would be safe (she was!) but I could tell the moment I picked her up all of my worrying was for not. She had a wonderful time and even brought home a tiny pumpkin which she immediately took upstairs to decorate.

4. Cecilia is saying so many words!  Mama!  Dada! Buh-bye!  Cheeeeeeese (for the camera)! More!  Me!  1-2-3-weeeeeeeee!!!

As always, you two make my heart so happy that I feel like it could burst. You are wonderful sisters to each other, and I am so proud of you. Also, you are hilarious. Here is what Grace said to me this morning before school.

"Mom, you know how sometimes you're sleeping and you don't want to wake up, but you have to? And your brains pushing your head to wake up?  It's rough." -Grace 5 years old.






No comments:

Post a Comment